View Single Post
      01-27-2015, 10:55 AM   #44
allotherareused
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d, f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStang View Post
I went the Module Master route for my wife's 2007 328i. FedEx will be delivering the part today and I am going to work on it tonight.

As far as the bleeding process is concerned can anyone walk me through exactly what I need to do? I know how to bleed brakes but is cycling the pump necessary since I am just getting a repair and no coding is needed?
If you change only hydraulic part you don't need to recode anything. If model is same this is 2 or 4 screw to separate electronic bloc and put back your original.

If you change all, you need to code it, to write vin, probably to initialize all sensor, lateral, steering wheel, possibly to change brake sensors because can't reset it and this show your brake pads are on 255% ... to much trouble.

As per bleeding my favorite (easy) way is :
when you assemble before tighten all 6 tube start slowly pressing pedal until one by one don't have air anymore (2 man job in 5 min done). At this point you are 90% done.

As fluid is recommended to be changed on 2 years, and you need to do all of it ... well, now just change fluid

As you in first step have bleed completely hydro unit and in fluid replacement you have bleed everything else ... you are done.

You also can use options and software to activate one by one wheel and pump but if you do properly my easy way probably don't need it. Do it if you have, I did it with DIS, don't know how to activate pump with inpa (this is possible).
Appreciate 0