Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328XI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaul View Post
Good luck
The knowledge you posses on these vehicles is astounding! I truly hope for your sake it wasn't learned the hard way as I seem to have chosen (breaking things first)

I managed to squeeze in enough time right after work to do the diagnostics you suggested. I have checked all the voltages you pointed out, and battery seems very healthy.

When no acc mode and sitting still (key in) i have 0v on both the KL50L(A) and (V).

When acc mode is on I have 0v on the (V) and around 1v on the (A).

When trying to push start as suggested, i twice got VERY high readings of 40+ with a ! beside it. When trying a third time so i could take a picture, it read 12.8 and STARTED! Cant express the relief felt when i heard it turn over lol

I have started it about 4 more times to be sure, and attempted to do a 'once around the block' however stopped at the end of my driveway when I realized I was in limp mode, to avoid causing any additional damage.

Obviously, even though I'm ecstatic it started and ran, I know im nowhere near 'out of the woods' yet lol.

Taking your advice, I am learning to use INPA for diagnostics, and am including the code list I pulled from there AFTER the car started, there will be 2: one before clearing, and a second run after clearing codes (those that remained).

I'm not sure if I should take the 'no crank' issue as a fluke, now that it does in fact start, and begin diagnosing the limp mode issue (hoping they are one and the same). Or if I should continue looking for the hidden gremlin that caused my initial 'no crank' problem. Hoping the error codes below can shed some light as to the best course of action.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0