First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 3.5 Premium

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
All Done!!! . . . famous last words.

Saw Don Nguyen's post saying he'd be in NorCal to do some vinyl wrapping in SJ. The trim on my E90 was scratched up. So, arranged to have Don vinyl wrap the trim for me today. Here's the result:

There are a few bubbles in the vinyl, which should go away w/time, and I had to smooth down the edges on some of the corners, but it looks pretty good to me.

Going to replace the clear/white side markers with smoked/black markers to give the sides a completely blacked out look; still have contrast w/the wheels. Am thinking about getting the black hood trim/grill too but not sure about that yet. Not a big fan of the completely blacked out look -- like a little contrast here and there -- but ordered the matte black grill/hood trim kit to see whether I like it or not. Only cost $55 to do that and can resell it for some $ back if I really don't like it.

Took the LONG way around on the drive back home from SJ -- 150 miles via 101/152/I-5 and the car is running really well. Solid as a rock w/now 92k miles on the clock. Love the car's high speed passing ability. Quickly goes from 70-80 to 110-120 to pass other cars in a flash. Motorcycle FAST!

Very, very cool!!!!

Very Impressive. Really great to see the transformation.
Appreciate 0