roburado
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 Passat, '09 Cayman S

Garage List
1991 318is  [0.00]
Thumbs down Erhard BMW - Bloomfield Hills, MI

No E90-specific information in this post.

I tried to buy an E46 around the time that the ZHP was coming out. They didn't have a car with the ZHP. So, they would have had to order one. The sales associate (I think his name was Jim Graf.) was trying to get me to buy something else. He gave me all this crap about how the performance tires wouldn't be good in the winter, etc. Duh...that's why I planned to buy a set of winter tires & rims. I felt like he was trying to get me to buy a car off the lot.

So, since I wasn't 100% sold on the idea of spending an extra $3900 on a car, I went along with the idea of an non-ZHP. I was thinking specifically about the 330xi. We test-drove the car. He took me on a test-drive route that had mostly residential streets. I couldn't get the car above 45 mph or so. What's the point of that? I'm not interested in a BMW only for how it performs under 45 mph.

He was very dismissive of my attempts to negotiate. Wouldn't budge really.

The cars on the lot? Well, Erhard doesn't really seem to order cars with the sport package. The majority of the cars they have on the lot are automatic and with the premium package. They don't really seem very enthusiast-oriented. Strangely enough, they are a Dinan dealer.

Personally, I'd rather go crosstown to the Rochester Hills Bavarian BMW and take my chances there. They have a fair amount of ZSP cars on their lot. They even had--as of last week--a M3 with the Competition Package. Fat chance of seeing something like that at Erhard's Bloomfield Hills location. Don't know anything about the Farmington Hills location, which seemingly has many more cars.

My friend, who has a 2002 325Ci, seems satisfied with the Bloomfield Hills Erhard BMW service dept.
Appreciate 0