View Single Post
      03-28-2020, 03:39 PM   #1
dsource
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335xi + miata + tdi

Variable Belt Squeak (videos attached)

- History: Bought car back in Dec 19' crashed from copart. rebuilt the front end and did all maintenance to the n54, car is now FBO running hybrid twins. OFHG replaced no leaks as well. I dropped the sub frame and know for fact i tightened the bolts to the block holding the power steering pump (known to come loose) I replaced all pulleys, belt, and tensioner through FCP. I can get everything exchanged on warranty, but i've put less than 10k on the car since the rebuild.

Precursornot the turbos rattling and no it's not the injectors)

The squeak originated in the last two months, it is variable by engine rpm, tested by having the clutch pressed in and varying rpm. Using a long screwdriver i held it close to the pullys and listened to determine if a pully had gone bad. All pulleys just hummed, the tensioner would click and visually can see it moving everso slightly. Videos are attached hopefully someone has had the same issue. Just don't want to suck in a belt. The videos filmed were done right after an oil change, started to squeak after 5 min the noise went away?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DN5zghkBnbN8mU2e9
Appreciate 0