View Single Post
      04-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
Rob@RBTurbo
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335I AT, '14 M6 DCT

RB cost is actually less than what it seems as I tend to quote all inclusive. This means that any "tax" for paypal and credit usage are included up front as is the core charges (which are refundable). RB Turbo cost is actually $2,999 for either setup; plus core charge (temporary held funds); plus $100 flat rate "tax" for using paypal/credit card (as they cost dearly in fees); plus shipping. For apples to apples I do believe I'd have best put $2,999 here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
That RB price right? For RBs and the PCV delievered to the install shop, $240 of install parts, and install costs by 2 bwm techs, I was $3,990 in total out of pocket. Added on $113 for the rental car if you want to be picky. And i still have my original turbos.
I was allowed to put some data into this chart. I do think it was intended to be more high level, as some of these points I had included but they were removed. It makes sense as it was not intended to be a tech document but rather just a glimpse into the different upgrade path options. I believe the HP numbers were searched by the OP, and I think he had some requirements for the numbers (could not be tuners car, etc) as I am pretty sure there are better numbers out there but I never had the time to verify or look around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottp999 View Post
Good. I see you are up for making it more detailed over time?

I think there should additional rows on the RB turbo and VTT stage2:

Maybe separate rows for:

1) External wastegate actuator arm
2) Internal wastegate components (main support Bushings, Wastegate Levers/pins, Wastegate Arms, Flappers/retaining washer) (Billet vs. Stainless)
3) Center sections (Is it an upgraded center section over stock, if so what?)
4) Compressor and Turbine Wheel Shaft (Is it an updated shaft, if so what?)
5) Maybe internal thrust option available (yes/no - If yes, cost)

Any hardware that is different the potential customer would benefit from knowing this.

Installation time for both would be the same.

Not sure where you got the 93+ meth of over 500whp for the RB's. I've only seen over 500whp with 93 +meth +race gas. I've seen things in the neighborhood of 470-480 whp for 93 octane + meth, but maybe I have not seen some recent info.

Again, Thanks for this!
All in all, great work. Awesome way to see what some of the bigger options are out there and give the end user some insight on each setup.

Rob
Appreciate 0