View Single Post
      04-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #13
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuro View Post
First, there really is no reason to be an a$$hole . The car was ordered in December before 6NR was an option. Smartphone integration, iPod/USB Adapter, Nav. (609,639,6FL) was added. I had read that a 3 series ordered before the Jan/Feb factory retooling, provided they were ordered with the above options, would automatically get the 6NR software/codes. Since I have the hardware, including the combox, the question was whether or not I needed to have option coded or drop in an iPhone. If you don't know the answer to the question please don't reply.
You do not have all the 6NR hardware, if you do then you would not had asked this question.

Now that we know each other so well, asshole to asshole, then let's answer your real question. The Combox is just one part of the hardware, and if you did not order the 6NR option then you will not have the 6NR baseplate and wiring installed.

So think about what you are asking and the thread that you are in. Even if your CIC has the 6NR software -if was in fact produced in March then it most probably has it- the main piece of hardware is not even in your car -the 6NR baseplate. Before March there was no 6NR software installed so I don't know where you got that information.

Send an email to Patrys, get the baseplate from him, install it and let him code your CIC to recognize it. BMW already stated that they will not offer a 6NR retrofit, so that's your only way to know.
Appreciate 0