BJK1903
BESIKTAS - cArsi
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey - 2008 xi E92

Thank you everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate5ks View Post
I paid around $400 to have this done, it looked like a real PITA. Indy says the xfer case gets in the way on the x-drive variants and you have to tear a bunch of stuff out like the intake manifold.
That is exactly what he said he is going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by index1489 View Post
You get to it from the bottom all you have to remove is the engine plastic underbody cover, its a nearly blind install its a connector and a sensor with a O ring that goes into a hole on the block.

You just feel around, remove the bolt on the sensor pull the sensor out, disconnect the electrical connector, lubricate the new oring with engine oil, pop it in, put the bolt and tighten.

The sensor also is not 50 bucks, its closer to 100 its the same price as the VANOS camshaft position sensors which I replaced, very similar design. This is assuming you are getting the sensor for MSRP, the dealer or indy might mark up the price on top of that, in such case it is recommend to order the part online @ bmwpartspros.com or getbmwparts.com

I don't know about the x-drive stuff, then again I think BMW's are too complicated to begin with all wheel drive is just crazy, in such case removing the manifold means the mechanic tried to get to it from the top, much bigger job, especially on a E90 330/325i because of the external oil separator, 335i/328i don't have this much easier.
I checked around and only was able to find the part for $107. Which my mechanic quoted that for $120. So I'll let him order the part since with the shipping it will cost the same.

The way you write it sounds very simple. Even my mechanic had to search online to find out how to replace that part. Maybe I should just take it to a dealer for this one?
Appreciate 0