02-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #48
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro235 View Post
Does FCP have a warehouse somewhere in northern jersey? I suspect another supplier other than fcp is giving him the warranty, because he gets parts for me same day, that he most definitely does not just have on hand.

Plus, I already spent the money on all these parts. Noone's making anything off of me bringing back my oil and filters, so if he's still in business, I'll still use him as a parts supplier. I'm doing all my own work nowadays, and convenience of getting parts I need the same day, right on my way home from work, trumps pretty much anything.

As far as people's crappy experiences, that sucks, and I understand people not using him for services if they've had those experiences. I really do. The moment I have one, I'd drop him for good too. But it's hard to give up the only well priced same day parts supplier I have, when I only have 2 hours each night to work on my car, and missing 2-4 nights of working on it while waiting for a part that has to ship to my door really puts me behind.

After hearing about all these stories, I would totally hesitate to get any big job done. But I also would swap my own turbos if I needed to at this point, so it's not really a concern of mine.
I know FCP drop ships from suppliers, some in PA for not as common items. Since they're located in CT, it takes about two days for product delivery.

The issue I see is what happens when these losers/thieves/assclowns go out of business, then your parts have zero warranty and you'd have to purchase them all over again. Other than that, if this is what works for you then kudos. Personally, I always disconnect myself from these kinds of associations.

As a suggestion, you can plan out your maintenance ahead of time so the parts you order will be at your doorsteps when you most anticipate it. I also do my own work, have my own two post lift, and maintained my 2009 E90 M3 from 60k miles to 178k before I sold it and moved on to the F80. It's well documented in my maintenance thread.
Appreciate 2
DS3IAM201.00
Spyro235259.50