View Single Post
      05-01-2019, 09:43 PM   #413
loweredram
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeez85 View Post
I appreciate the info. AVIN has been less than responsive, and when they do respond they just keep sending me links to their support page, which I’ve already read through.

I like the looks of the unit, but overall I don’t know that I could recommend it. My sound through Bluetooth is not good. It’s tolerable, but not good. If I use my phone as a hotspot and run the Spotify app from the unit, it sounds great. I guess that’s what I’ll do most of the time. I’m having an issue with getting Apple CarPlay to work, so I’m still trying to hash that out. It’s sounding like I am going to have to do some trimming to get it to mount properly, and I’m not a fan of that. AVIN customer service responded maybe once every 2-3 days after resending requests multiple times for support while troubleshooting some issues.
To be fair I’m not very handy when it comes to stuff like this, so maybe my questions and issues seemed silly to their support team. Advertising it as simple plug and play and OEM fitment hasn’t turned out to be the case for me.

No I get it no problem getting you the info. After getting the install done I’ll have to say I do like the unit. It worked perfectly with my aftermarket rear camera and the speed, look, and functionality works for me . BT sound quality is definitely bad but I primarily use CarPlay and my logic 7 sounds great. What issues are you having with CarPlay?
Appreciate 0