12-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #20
Precision Engineered
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by awt View Post
Thanks for the quick answer.

I just went out for a look, and finally located the X1716. I was missing the lead from the fuse as well, so no luck using that one. I also removed everything around the fuse compartment, but it's impossible to connect anything there without taking the hole dash apart.

I may use something called a fuse tap kit, or I go the same route as you did. If you take a look into the WDS the amp doesn't get any power as long as the car is locked with the OEM solution, but if you connect it straight to the battery, then it's powered up all the time. Have you noticed any problems regarding this? Have you had the car sitting still for like a week or three?
Hi,

no problem - happy to help. The issue of the amp draining the battery due to being on all the time did cross my mind however I'm under the impression the amp is effectively in standby when not instructed to do anything by the head unit over the MOST bus (fibre optic) and so doesn't really drain any power. I've had my car stood for 3 whole days and didn't get any battery low errors when first starting it after those 3 days so I assume all is good, never tried leaving it for weeks. Mine is the 330D so guessing the battery must be pretty beefy anyway to be able to turn over a cold 3 litre diesel engine. The L7 upgrade was well worth it and I may write a short review soon
Appreciate 0