View Single Post
      12-14-2014, 05:17 AM   #22
Precision Engineered
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by awt View Post
My car often stays for at least two weeks and sometimes three at an airport, so I need to be sure that the amp doesn't drain the battery while I'm away, as I need the car to get back home.

I could of course disconnect it or make a switch, or wire up a relay connected to the rear lights or something but that feels a bit "low end", so I'd rather not.

I have all the parts needed, and I have already mounted the tweeters and mid range elements in the doors. I'm really looking forward to get this up and running.
The switch is the easiest thing although there's supposedly a wire behind the drivers side rear corner bolster / rear door card that only gets power when the car is unlocked so could technically be used for a relay, you'd have to do some digging to check exactly which wire though.

re: wiring, cutting into the splices near the front door sills was a bit of a pain but I can confirm it does work. Also don't forget about coding, I had to get mine done professionally as the kit I'd have had to buy to do it properly was significantly more than the cost of coding plus there was the risk of me screwing it up. The subs really are the main drivers for this setup, mids and tweeters are a bit like backfill for the subs.
Appreciate 0