Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by seccsc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seccsc View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1318219

I'm adding this DIY as another reference.
How would you describe that RPM flutter you mention..?? I'm thinking about doing the valvebody solenoid replacement on mine as when I upshift from 3rd to 4th, it does a brief "jolt" forward before settling into the normal RPM range when upshifting.. All other gears are smooth shifting, and i have no issues on downshifting, this only happens when going from 3rd to 4th.. Think it's those solenoids that are causing my issue..?? I've drained, flushed, and replaced the trans pan/filter & fluid just recently and that made no difference in my issue.. I reset trans adaptations and it actually got way more noticeable, so I'm hoping the solenoids are my fix..
In 2nd and 3rd gear around the 1500 RPM mark, the engine RPM would swing (flutter) 200RPM. But only at the 1500 RPM mark. My thought process of the issue was the solenoid was not maintaining the proper clamping pressure for the clutches at that RPM.
The car is running solid since then.
Ahh I see.. So it seems (at least my speculation) is that when these solenoids go bad, they illustrate many different symptoms.. Some mention a jolting/jerking upshift, some have said it was a jerky downshift, a few mentioned fluttering rpm's, etc..
Appreciate 0