Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
How about the "PE Mod?" Do you still have your stock muffler? Or better yet, I want to say there is a guy selling a used AA muffler in Florida right now. I feel like any aftermarket muffler will fit the bill, or are you worried about it getting too quiet? If it does, you could always compensate by deleting the secondaries which certainly frees up some power, too (if tuned properly).

Curious, does the 128i have a center muffler? All the same components as the 3er (catted headers, catted front pipes (secondaries), center muffler/y-pipe, rear muffler)?
Yep, I still got my stock one sitting in my parent's attic. That might be a good solution. Will have to get my nice pretty tips welded up to it though!

I'm worried about it being TOO quiet. I was thinking the stock muffler would do that, but an aftermarket, straight-thru muffler would be a good middle ground.

And yes the 128i has a center muffler, I'm pretty sure the exhaust is identical besides length and shape.

Oh I forgot to mention my exhaust pops and cracks like I have a burble tune, especially when it's cold. Around 3k RPM if I let off, or tap the gas lightly it goes POP POP POP. Sometimes when I shift there'll be a pop inbetween gears. Sounds good lol.
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00