View Single Post
      11-26-2018, 08:25 AM   #10
Wishes47
Rep
Drives: 328xi (2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrubenstein View Post
Honestly, you should probably sell the car. If you can’t do the diagnostic work yourself, throwing money at a car that is expensive to maintain and not worth much is a bad idea.

Especially given that it’s been poorly maintained. (You only get sludge if the car is poorly maintained.)
The only way the car has been poorly maintained is if the mechanics poorly maintained it. I purchased the car new, straight from the factory while living in Germany and have had regular maintenance as required, even after the warranty expired. Matter fact, I just had maintenance (what I call a tune up) spark plugs, coils replaced, etc., last year. Which is why I don’t understand these issues. Yeah, due to my schedule on few occasions there may have been a few times that I did not get an oil change on the exact date that it was due, but only a few weeks over due. I was in the military and while deployed my car did sit in storage for a year, but my understanding is that they serviced it while there. Plus, I am a female that has no clue what to do on a car, nor a male to rely, so I have to rely on professional mechanics to maintain my car. I have never had any major problems with the car prior to moving to Chicago in 2016, now it is always something.
Appreciate 0