Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Quite a few guys don't do the muffler delete without the the secondaries. I am of the opinion of getting a BMW PE or other aftermarket muffler and use a resonator. My setup is Eisenmann catback and AA headers. No secondaries and it comes with a resonator, when fully warmed up it's quite mellow, but will scream and backfire when going WOT and downshifting aggressively, the exhaust shoots flames some times too lol
Does it smell?
The smell varies. Sometimes at the red light if there is no wind blowing or there is wind blowing in the other direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
This is exactly what I am looking for. My E82 128i has the AA catback exhaust/anti drone muffler and catless headers but stock secondaries and stock res.. I was gonna either do Supersprint Sec 1 delete with their tuned sec 2 res or keep my stock secondaries and do a Supersprint
Sec 2 delete.

How is the smell if any with your set up Biginboca?
The smell is strong when you smell it, but you will smell it pretty much only in 2 circumstances.

Coming to a red light with your window a down. (After you have stopped for a few seconds the exhaust wave catches up to the car and you smell it inside the car for about 10 seconds before it seems to mostly dissipate.)

If you have the car running and go to put something in the trunk.

how do you guys pass inspection with the headers for no cats at all? I'm just worried about that. If that's the case I might need to keep stock ones to swap out when inspection comes. I was also looking at the Supersprint HFCs but that might have to wait till I do my suspension work first and I haven't had much luck finding anyone's experience with those

would a muffler shop be able to fabricate high flow cats so I can have the best of both worlds? I'm also afraid my car will be overly loud with my current set up
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0