View Single Post
      10-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #74
RED-d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d Sport, Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
Check to make sure those intercooler hoses are secured well. I left one loose and the hose popped off during hard acceleration, followed by instant limp mode and smoked like a bad episode of Diesel Brothers
So much for my up top visual. Just removed the bottom engine cover and sure enough, the intercooler hose going to the intake had blown off. I'm pretty sure I didn't leave that loose. Hope this doesn't become a recurring problem.
Thanks dmanb2b

Now the question is do I need to address my vacuum problem? I probably should verify that my gauge is accurate first.

I was able to check my wastegate actuator. It starts creaking above 20inHg ( I guess it's opening?) and I hear a click when vacuum is released.

The compressor bypass valve vacuum actuator also has a faint noise when vacuum released.
BTW, both of these areas leak .5-1mmHg/min when holding vacuum.

Correction in my first post: The vacuum line going across the motor doesn't leak vacuum at this same rate. It doesn't hold vacuum at all when using vacuum gauge. I'm guessing this is normal for this line. This is the line not going to the vacuum reservoir. This is also where I checked peak vacuum with the engine running.

Is a loss of 6.5mmHg vacuum alot?
Is a slow leak-down normal?

The resistance of the EUV from my EGR is 30.7 (worth keeping?)

I've never been impressed with my off-the-line performance. Even with all the controls off, but it's a rocket on the highway. Trying to find another close by to compare.
Appreciate 0