04-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #104
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Hi DD
My dyno guy is not the same as the guy tuning for me. Sepereate guys to exclude conflict of interest ;-)
My tune guy have not mentioned anything about the EGT, but I can ask him. We might do a retune again later this week to find even more power.
As I understand it, you cannot remove the DPF without, at the same time retune. One of the main reasons for this is the change of backpressure. When the DPF is removed, theres no constraints left in the exhaust. And without the constraints the backpressure is much lower, and without the DPF in the way, the air can get out of the turbo much faster which makes it possible to change some of the values in the tune to raise the effect. One more little trick my tuner fiddled with is the angle of which the injectors delivers the fuel. that trick is part of the extra 40Hp and 70Nm. How much each part of the tunes represents, I don't know.

The point is, remove the DPF alone does not give you much. But along with a tune that adapts to changed backpressure gives some added effect.

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA

Last edited by anielsen71; 04-06-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 0