Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shushikiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
I have the tension strut strong flex bushing on my xi ( the big curved front control arm one). It made a significant difference on my car. Same bushing as the yellow one but in black I paid a little extra for black ones lol
To clarify there are 2 front control arms. One is tension strut that strongflex sells the bushing for on the web site and is labeled for XI models properly, and that is the back front control arm, and then the front front control arm which has a mono ball in it like the M3 rear control arms do. The custom one was for the front front, and isnt really needed, the rear one is an AWESOME thing to do and I highly suggest it.

For absolute clarity part numbers:

31126768983 and 31126768984 are the front rear control arm and is the bushing in the pictures above that gets pressed into place and is sold by strong flex on the web site as long as you get the proper XI version.

31126768989 Is the front front control arm and has a mono ball in it, but strongflex was kind enough to update their web site that the front front control arm bushings they sell wont fix the XI part number shown here, and then to make me custom ones that replace the mono ball if I sent them a control arm set, so I dd, and they did.

Reference: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=31_0740
I have the front back ones and it did make a significant difference in handling and even braking
Appreciate 0