United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by connorfitz View Post
So I just got my n54 335xi and I was wondering if eBay turbo inlets will be fine? I mean it’s pretty much just silicone or should I get aluminum?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...38;cspheader=1

Was thinking of getting these but I already have dci. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

I know eBay isn’t the best way to go but sometimes they work out great. Got eBay headers for my e46 m3 and they were great
MMP makes great inlets. I'd get 1.75". That's plenty big. The rear one will be a PITA. You will need two people to install it. There's a great DIY on YouTube.

He doesn't take the bracket off in the back by the fire wall, which holds the OEM inlet on the block. I did. You have to be creative to get it off the block by the fire wall, but it's doable with the right tools.

You will need new gaskets for your connection between the downpipes & the rest of your exhaust.

Burger Motor Sports makes a good set for a reasonable price. Make sure you use plenty of "nickel" based anti-seize on the new bolts and nuts, so the next time around you won't have a major headache getting them off.

Soaking them over night in Kroil Oil and then heating them up with a torch to really hot temps before using an air powered torque gun, would be my best suggestion.

Don't use a wrench or socket. They will just snap off.

If all else fails, drop the entire exhaust as low as you can go and cut them off with a Dremmel or Sawzall. That's what I had to do... I used a Diablo, carbon tipped metal blade and sawed down the middle of the two pipes, right into the gasket.

You will need to remove at least one down pipe to install the rear inlet. Two makes it a lot easier.

Good luck
Appreciate 0