View Single Post
      08-14-2018, 08:46 AM   #11
NOT2DAY
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i 6MT

Los Tacos #1 in Chelsea Market (14th street on the West Side). I'm from Queens and can get real Mex-street food in Corona, but I can never say no to Los Tacos #1. Carne Asada Quesadilla!

Emporio (Soho) if a great spot in Soho if you're feeling some modern Italian food without the whole white table setting atmosphere (and especially not the tourist italian places closer to Chinatown).

Soho - great for shopping / people watching
the Highline - good views if you're not going to walk along the West Side Highway. Two for One deal here since you can go to Los Tacos after!
Lower East Side - great Friday night spot for bar hopping.

If you want to keep it local Friday night and not venture too far out for food and drinks walk over to Hell's Kitchen. Lots of great dinner and bar options (I'd Yelp this, Hell's Kitchen isn't my area of expertise - but I'll ALWAYS recommend Pio Pio because I love the Peruvian chicken and the green sauce they serve). Then after you're done you can enjoy times square without the same amount of tourists it amasses during the day.

Sounds like working your way down Manhattan would be the best bet here so my suggestion would look like this:
32nd real quick for your morning bagel with lox spread or lox slices at Best Bagel & Coffee
34th for the Top of the Rock
Depending how you're feeling for lunch you can explore Flatiron (23rd street) but there isn't much. I would argue you could spend more time walking the entirety of 14th across Manhattan (again Highline, Chelsea Market, Los Tacos, Union Square)
Few blocks down is going to get into West Village / Soho area, but I would take people's suggestions and visit the Memorial.
Depending on time you have afterwards, you can some good cheap meals in Chinatown (Big Wong, Noodletown)
Walk over to St. Marks for some pregaming, and work your way over to Lower East Side for barhopping.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50