View Single Post
      04-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #7
JameB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Depreciation will always affect a cars value even if you buy it 1 year old. the secret is to buy smart. When I recently bought my 6 month ex-BMW loaner 320i M-sport with s/roof and metalic, they had a window price of 70K. No trade allowed me to negotiate that to 62K drive away. I financed at realistic figures and not at what the dealerships think. 4 years with 25% residual should have me in a comfortable position to get out of this car. The dealer said 4 years 50% and I told him it would be lucky to be worth 40% at retail and he reluctantly agreed.

buy smart, ensure you finance realisticly and enjoy.
Yep, I completely agree. I tried to use that strategy when buying my 130. It was 12 months old, an ex-demo and only had 8,500Kms on the clock. It has a sunroof and metallic paint and I got it for 57K where a new one would be 74K, so I was happy with a 17K drop for so few Kms...the benefit of getting the 130 is that there are very few options so most of the ones on the market are pretty much the same, colour/sunroof aside.

I have leased in the past but no longer do the Kms and so it is just easier for me to buy it outright and without finance, these days.
Appreciate 0