Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rrr View Post
The other thing worth mentioning, after I installed the meth kit, I got confirmation from Terry (Burger Tuning) to go for map 7 if no fault codes then go to 8. I like Terry alot, don't get me wrong, but my ingine got jacked up.
At higher PSI on map 6 it started acting really wiered its like something came loose and the car started shaking violently and the service engine lights came on. I would turn the car off then restart, the engine would sound normal but the service engine lights stayed on and after that everytime I would start the car the shacking would happen even though I was no longer running 6 or 7 I was back to 4 (my favorite map) so finally I took it to the dealership, I know the service guy so I never had to take any of the stuff off of it and he knows I have been modding the car, so they had to reprogram the car, replace the injectors and spark plugs i have had JB3 for 10K miles or so...after they fixed it, I just decided to keep it at 4 til I get more work done on the car then maybe switch to higher maps/
your engine got jacked up? haha.. no dude, sounds about normal.. injector problem, plugs.. and if you're knocking on map5.. then your meth isnt working or you have a huge amount of water and not enough meth...

I run shit ton of boost even for my mods.. on 93+meth and no knock.

I know every car is different, but map5 is normally ok even with out mods.. just an intake and 93oct.

Just saying