12-10-2015, 03:38 PM   #280
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
I'm not sure about your bav tech cable. I don't think so though. You need a K+DCAN cable or an ICOM.

Winkfp is a factory piece of software in BMW Standard Tools which is freely available online. With winkfp you can flash any module through the obd port with BMW stock firmware.

It's mainly used in update mode which obviously updates module to a newer version (zb number). This would be the easiest route. If you need to go back to the exact original version you had when you installed the evolve map you can also do this. You'd just have to use INPA to read the current DDE UIF to find which ZB number is installed then find a matching daten set with that file and just flash it back to the DDE...
Thanks, that's above my head right now and I'm not going to invest more to address this as the car has been sold. The new owner is very pleased with it, and I just hope he won't ask for the original software.
I'm very disappointed with the support level. Evolve (Imran) can't help, Alientech is of no support. Why did I buy a Switch??
Appreciate 0