View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #11
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
So, if you were already in the 400 whp range with a DCI, what kind of loss would you estimate with a stock airbox and same everything else? I understand that gains won't really be seen that much on a stock tune and boost levels, though I can imagine the gains getting rather substantial with higher boost.

I've driven some cars with DCIs and really didn't like the whooshing sound. It sounds kind of unrefined. I'm sure other people love it, just not my cup of tea.
You would likely elevate wastegate duty cycles, making your turbo's work harder.In turn you would have an increase in pre intercooler inlet temps.

The intercooler is already out of efficiency even for a stock car. IF you spray enough meth you still might make the same power, but likely a little less peak power.

I recommend atleast a drop in filter at that point as that stock intake is simply a bottleneck, imagine breathing through a straw when you need about as much air a 3inch straw could provide.

For the rest of the questions in this thread. When tuned for optimum power you can achieve nearly 400WHP with Tune, DCI, and methanol. The reality is every dyno is different so expect to see a gain of approx 110WHP over stock. This assumes you are tuned for maximum power, not off the shelf mapping, and have your methanol mixture right.
Appreciate 0