08-11-2009, 01:32 AM   #13
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberzombie View Post
see the problem is the very friendly and professional salesman that i dealt with has left Canterbury - he was the one i think i remembered saying that i would get a free courtesy car when i purchased the car.
amberzombie, before you jump, try sending a diplomatic letter to the dealer principal and general manager stating that when you bought the car, the salesman (name him/her) told (promised?) you that you would get a free courtesy car, etc. ask for clarification if this is still the case.

anyway, i remember receiving letters from dealers (same as what the others have mentioned earlier) some months after i bought cars that from xxxx onwards, they will be charging $xx for courtesy cars. i also remember receiving another letter saying washes will be charged a minimal amount (apparently due to water restriction et al).

i wasn't concerned as i had written correspondence between the dealer principals and myself stating i will get a free courtesy car (or drop off at the airport or somewhere) and washing when i bring my cars in for service (warranty or otherwise). so far, whenever i bring a car in, i never even had to ask -- the service advisor would offer me a car as soon as i email or call them for a booking.

now if that fails, go to an indy, as others have said.
Appreciate 0