View Single Post
      08-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #54
SG335Xi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 SG 335Xi

In the *long* process of doing this now.

One question, and it might be obvious if I looked again but I'm at work now. Which bolt location is 11137559537 for? (the 8x36, slightly longer bolt). You said near the pedestal, but can you be more specific?

For everyone else's reference, when doing a 335xi - there are a few steps you do not need to do that can save you some time.

You don't seem to have the "oil return tube" nonsense. Which means you don't seem to have to take out the bracket (driver side middle of the car) that has the sheet metal nuts on it.

If you're willing to skip the pedestal axle seal (which is on the passenger side of the oil pan), you don't need to take the passenger side steering knuckle apart from the strut - you have enough room with the axle still connected to shimmy the oil pan down (although, I did not drop my oil pan all the way down - just cleaned it up while under the car, and swapped the gasket for new.

IMPORTANT - someone else noted this already, but I missed it. Once you get all the obvious pan bolts out, and the power steering pump / bracket off (which is 3 bolts, two toward the front, and one facing the driver side) There are still a few bolts that are attaching a bracket, as well as the bell housing, to the oil pan. Once you start to take the last bolt in this location out, the pan will fall down, at least mine started to.
Appreciate 0