PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RokX View Post
I know there have been several service/PROcede threads, but I would like to get some opinions. I was on my way home today on a six hour drive and my Idrive decided to take a complete dump on me. All that driving in the desert in absolute silence . I scheduled a service appointment for next week and am curious if I should completely uninstall or just use the bypass plugs for my PROcede. After I got home I started the car about 15+ minutes later and everything seemed to work fine. Now I'm wondering if I need to go in at all. I'd rather not if its not necessary, anyone can relate to that. Usually, one would not hesitate to just bypass or uninstall, but I am a paraplegic and is a MAJOR pain in the ass to do and would probably have to go to my performance shop I use just to do the uninstall/reinstall.
Personally i doubt you need to take the car in for one Idrive crash. There is a reset function you can use to reboot it. I dont remember exactly what it is but it can be searched for on the forum. Good luck!

Mat
Appreciate 0