View Single Post
      02-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #13
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by den656 View Post
If I was you chap , I would buy the e90 window trims so you can install the tweeters in the corners of the door, then buy a set of components , or a set of 'add on ' tweeters, this will make your front sound a lot brighter and I did this to begin and was happy with that .
Then I have added a JL audio amp , along with a pair of match underseat speakers, which is definitely a step in the right direction , I have disconnected the speakers in the rear doors , and running the underseats off two channels,and the fronts off the other two channels .
At the moment sound is vastly improved, a lot clearer,more punchy bass but need to set it up properly, will then debate wether to add an amp and a boxed sub firing through the ski hatch ,good luck, Den .
Cool, thanks for that. Which speakers did you use for under seats exactly?

With regards to the fronts, the pioneers do have inbuilt tweeters and the sound has improved somewhat, as in it is brighter than before. I guess they need to run off an external amp to get their full potential! Also I know stand alone tweeters would sound much better due to the positioning. However, I am more worried about the mids and bass so will focus on the underseats and external amp. I am certain this will improve things alot like you say.

EDIT: Just found those match speakers on amazon as per your response on the other thread Did you have 8 inch oem speakers in there before? As I have currently 6.5 inch speakers in there (I think??) as I thought that was the standard size! So confused as to whether I would need specifically 6.5 inch or 8 inch....

Last edited by blueh88; 02-09-2017 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 0