View Single Post
      02-10-2017, 07:40 AM   #14
den656
Private
Rep
Drives: 318D

Hello mate, you do have 6.5" underseat as standard, nut most upgrade ones you can purchase will be 8" , the frame is the same size but the speaker is that bit bigger .
That's a definite , and I bought the match as the year are made by a decent company , but also didn't want to spend loads and be disappointed as cannot imagine an underseat speaker hitting as hard as a dedicated boxed sub can .
But when amped am pleasantly surprised ,definitely a much better sound in the car,but it is missing some of the very low notes, but that is probably due to me not having the crossovers set correctly yet, but I am still contemplating adding a dedicated sub for that,and running the underseats as proper mid bass speakers,undecided yet lol .
And the decent thing with the match speakers is that if you are buying from extreme audio ( the people I bought from ) decent delivery time from Germany ,but you also are buying a pair :-) , as read carefully as some sellers on Amazon and also eBay are selling them singly too ,Den.
P.s ideally you should really look to be separating your door speaker and tweeter, I have always preferred one speaker one job lol , I used to run coaxial many moons ago and the did a decent job, but seeing as the kids are low down in the door, your front will be a lot clearer by moving the tweeters up :-) .
Appreciate 0