Cbozz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n2siast View Post
So I attempted to do this yesterday, got the camera from eBay that most here are using and also bought a "plug and play" harness with the emulator wired in.

However, upon installing the harness, my screen is blank and can't access iDrive menu, I can hear sound, but nothing else. I'm thinking the "harness" and emulator is the wrong one, but was advertised as the backup camera emulator. In addition, when I turn off the ignition, I get an SOS error, even though I transferred the Fiber Optic Cables to the new harness.

Attached is a pic of what I received, what has me concerned is the fact that there are 2 extra wires on the emulator, whereas, all the others I've seen here only has 5 wires as opposed to 7 like the one I received.

Like to get some thoughts on this.
I used the same harness - only thing about the harness is that it's too short and you won't be able to push your cic all the way in. I had to use a different harness to make it fit, coded $3AG FA write to cas and NFRM, then coded default CIC and PDC.
then coded in cic: macro_L6_parkmenu - active , rvc_cic I changed that from were_23 to werte_21 (that's really what made my camera work), macro_pdc- active , macro_pdc_topview - active , tvc_width_0C to werte_02.
I also hooked it up to the tail light daytime running light so I get constant power to the camera since I have a front PDC and button that triggers camera and front PDC so camera turns on when in reverse and with pressing PDC button.