View Single Post
      09-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #84
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
How so? If you are talking about money put into mods lost, I don't particularly see those who had the HPFP problem were big on mods, but most mods are just that, do so at your own risk.

If so there would be no need for the Lemon Law. I still don't understand why those who had repeated HPFP failures did not seem to want a buyback or a replacement. Is it because too much money had been sunken into mods that could not be removed and stock parts put back in?

If you are correct that BMW is just betting on only a few out of many will have the problem, so it continues to sell the product, then there is all the reason it will be more than willing to buyback or do replacement, if it can't fix the problem on a particular car.

I am just curious if anyone in the situation went through Lemon process or not, if so what was the end result?
One guy boasted that he got his total purchase price back less a few hundred, and then bought a S5 and continued to lurk for months on this forum. But from what I understand, that isn't how it works, or is not typical. From what I understand, it's not, you paid 5x,xxx, plus tax, and we'll take your car back and cut you a check for that amount. But if I'm wrong and that's how the buyback works, or if the S5 driver's buyback is typical, then I stand corrected.

Just imagine how the OP feels--1500 miles on the car, and he's going to go through the disappointment of leaving his car at the dealership, get it back, have it die on the way home or at some other point, and probably repeat the process 5 times, at which time his car will most likely be fixed. Is that really necessary?
Appreciate 0