View Single Post
      07-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330iE90spt View Post
Yes, A/S 3 is getting a lot of hype from what I've read. I watched a video from topspeed.com that tested the A/S 3 and they tested better than most summer tires. I don't think tirerack has posted any tests or ratings compared to any other tires yet.

Perhaps Gary @ Tirerack can chime in on the A/S 3 and when he expects to have test results compared to other A/S ultra-high performance tires?
Gary is out on vacation, but I am checking in for him. The A/S 3 was impressive in testing, though we have not tabulated all of our results yet. They should be posted in the next few weeks once all the data is compiled and they put the writeup together.

The A/S 3 looks like it will be exceptionally good for its category for wet and dry traction. For snow traction, it will not be as good as true winter tires, but if you have a mild winter it will do the job. Expect winter traction similar to the current A/S Plus.