View Single Post
      03-11-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
jwed335i
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Residual value or money factor? The residual value is set by BMW financial and cannot be changed-the money factor (like interest rate) is given to the dealer by BMW financial and can be increased by the dealer to a certain point. Anything the dealer gives you above the buy rate they got from BMW fin. is profit to the dealer. This is very common. That's why I don't understand why people who lease brag about the sale price when they have no idea what they paid above buy rate. Dealers will trick you and show you a low sale price to hook you in.

The best thing to do is payment shop multiple dealers on a similar car so you know how low you can really buy the car. On a lease, the sale price is only part of the equation.

If you know the buy rate-money factor, residual, msrp, sale price and fees you can calculate a lease online with calculators that are available. That way you will know where you are at.

If they did quote you the wrong residual, I would point it out. If you are talking about money factor that is negotiable......maybe.
Appreciate 0