Originally Posted by mweisdorfer View Post
If you add:

1) the B12 kit
2) with M3 control arms
3) M3 rear subframe bushings
4) M3 differential bushings
5) Eibach front & rear swaybars
6) Adjustable swaybar links

You will have a suspension that will be almost second to none. Your car will be a lot of fun canyon carving and the like in Hawaii...

By the way, how did you manage that move?! Chicago to Hawaii - you must love it. I know the cost of living is considerably higher, but the weather!

As far as durability, the above mentioned parts will be good for a min of 75,000 miles.

I live in Michigan and have this exact same set up; I have 50,000 miles on my set up through the salt invested winter roads & 4 seasons. Plus, Michigan probably has the crappiest roads in the nation. I'd say my set up is holding up quite nicely.
That sounds like a good plan, I actually already have the M3 upgrade kit on order from FCP

Here is a wrench in the system, it appears the B14 is the same price as the B12 on many sites, plus you get adjustable ride height if you need, so seems like the better value? My other thought is to be cheap, save $450, and just get 2 Koni sports (adjustable) and throw those in and keep the OEM sport suspension springs (rear shocks were just replaced by PO). But the shipping is killer out here, it's $450 just for 2 koni struts, or $900-$950 for a B14 kit, which just seems like a great deal compared to $450 for 2 struts...

As for the move, it was a verrryyy long and indirect move, taking 12 years, moving to FL, CA, graduating college, then moving to HI, and an ex wife lol... Anyway, happy now, but will be happier when I get this car sorted. This is my first European car, I always loved the reliability and thriftiness of small japanese cars, so driving this is pretty amazing for me. Seemed like a good deal for a clean sport package sedan with 96k mi for $4500 in great condition. The only thing lacking is a manual, but i found the xHP trans mod, and that looks like a fun thing to do lol.

Yeah Michigan and Chicago are bleh, terrible roads and no scenery, at least in Chi. BUT, you can get on track at least, we have none on Maui. I listen to the Slip Angle podcast, so I'm living vicariously through those guys haha..

I read some bad stuff about the Bilstein on the 1er forums, I don't want to get caught up with a strut failing in 10k, having to send it in for warranty, etc etc etc.. I need this car to be bulletproof for the next 4 years while I drive my kids around to school, dance, and hockey...

Anyway, thanks for the input!
Appreciate 0