View Single Post
      04-07-2017, 03:07 PM   #35
328<335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spoon View Post
The tensioner tool preloads the chain to proper specs before you torque down the camshafts bolts, like so:

View post on imgur.com

This is only necessary if you're unbolting the camshafts--which you will be doing since you're replacing the cam ledges. Since the factory tensioner functions on oil pressure, it won't provide sufficient tension with the motor off.

If you've been keeping up with oil changes and whatnot and you aren't hearing any abnormal noises after the motor is warmed up, it's probably not necessary to replace the lifters. Although if you're well over 100k miles and in it for the long haul, it might give you some peace of mind if you have money to burn.

If you run into any issues feel free to PM me. Good luck!

Thanks for the fast and thorough reply!!!

I have 75k miles on my 08 335xi and FBO(since 60k miles). Got her with 30k miles and have been changing oil every 7.5k miles. I haven't heard any abnormal noises, just the normal ticking and boost solenoids that you mentioned. Definitely keeping her for the long haul, but contemplating changing the lifters now as I'm hoping this will be the only time I'll be performing heart surgery on her
Appreciate 0