View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 08:19 AM   #80
summerthekid
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan (e90) Blue

Followed the vimeo video and had successful replacement of my passenger rear window regulator.

I have a 2007 BMW 335i Sedan, e90. approx. 47,000 miles

Symptons: at about 40,000 miles the power window had trouble going up and down, but after a few times pressing the power window button, it would eventually go up. One night, it went down and didn't go up again, heard a loud crack (like others have stated here).

Resolution: read through this forum, bought $53 window regulator replacement off Amazon (Dorman brand), watched video and followed along for replacement. Couple tips:

- Torx wrench sizes need are T-15 (for the 3 black torx screws just inside the door trim) and T-25 for the 3 silver torx crews that hold the regulator and the motor together.

- When we got the new regulator in, we had a really tough time getting the green clip to set in the window's hole. We took the rubber feet off the green clip and took an exacto knife to it and cut em down. Replaced and clip when in just fine. Dorman will get a justly review for this on Amazon, these should fit perfect with no exacto surgery, but I'd rather do that than spend $120 for the regulator at stealership.

Thanks all
Appreciate 0