View Single Post
      09-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #54
shushikiary
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
Question for guys who've installed the Strongflex bushings. Mine came with the metal sleeve halfway pressed into one bushing and most of the way pressed into the other one. Looks like it was done dry with no lube. Should I press them out, re-lube, press them back into the bushings, or press them out, press the bushings into the arms without the sleeves, then press the sleeves in with the lube? I suppose I should email Strongflex and ask, I don't want to mess this up.

Also do you guys lube the outside surface of the bushing before pressing into the arm? I would think you'd need to but there is not enough lube supplied to cover both. Plan on using ordinary copper grease.
When I did it, they came exactly like that. I took the metal center out, greased the out side of the bushing, then without the center in it used a flat piece of metal to push the bushing into place with the press (which was a little scary because it doesnt want to go in straight at first, but I kept pushing, standing to the side in case it decided to throw the whole setup out of the press. Thankfully it didnt and it went right in as I kept pumping the jack on the press, and I kept doing that until the other side came out (note I had the TS up off the bottom of the press using a large enough metal cylinder from a bearing remover set so the bushing could come out the back end without resistance). The bushing of course has a lip on either side that is larger than the ID of the TS, so I pressed until that lip popped out like its supposed to. Then I greased the center metal piece and hand pushed it into place with no problem and installed them into the car.
BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF stepped 5" FMIC, VRSF CP, VRSF DP's, SPEC stage 3+ and SMFW, PRW stage 3 LPFP, MHD custom E85 tune, solid motor mounts, RB PCV valve, SS brake lines, Prospeed RS683 brake fluid, Strongflex poly bushings, VTT inlets, M3 rear control arms, ECS trailing arms, turbo smart DV's, CP-E PI, VTT HS CP, UUC short shifter, custom solid transfer-case mount, RBTurbo vacuum side OCC, PRW upgraded ignition coils.
Appreciate 0