Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2485 View Post
I have the rear m3 subframe bushings with rear sway as well from e90 though. What rear diff are you putting on your xi ?
Right now looking at M-Factory, but this is going to be next year's project at the earliest.

I installed most of my other susp mods prior to the UUC front bar. With the stock bar and rear M3 bar, car had far too much oversteer for my taste. It was fun for a few days but it was clear it needed more front bar to balance out.

I tend to like to set up street cars with softer springs and bigger bars (relatively), and like I said earlier I have a mixed eibach/ZSP spring set. If you have stiffer springs then these comments might not apply so much.

I was happy to find that the Strongflex bushings did not add any harshness, which can happen when you start going poly with bushings. It is easy to wreck a car's street manners with too much stiffness, but that does not seem to be the case with the e9x chassis, there is so much rubber and compliance built in from the factory. Still it is a fine line and I don't want to cross it. Roads where I live are terrible and the winters harsh.
I have the stock xi springs with Bilstein hd strut shocks
Appreciate 0