04-15-2019, 10:34 PM   #389
nolaman1970
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 E93

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I have my Avin sorted out now. Using the Aux in the center console for Android sounds and music via Red USB on the Avin 60gb jump drive with music, I pulled into the glove box. Waze sounds with the music playing, it just turns the music down while announcing. The sound is about the same adjusting the Aux to your liking in IDrive and in the Andriod unit to about 20 or 22. I have an E93 with the top down in full sunlight it is hard to see, but other than that no complaints so far. Aux sounds much better than Bluetooth, which I am not using anyway. But bluetooth didn't sound really bad. I like having Waze connected to the NAV button on the center console. System boots to Android quickly, wired reverse trunk release camera works better than the wireless one, which I will sell now. The reverse camera comes on instantly, no need to wait for boot up. Front view camera mounted inside the rear view camera housing purchased with the Avin works great with 60gb micro sd card in the camera housing. Purchased the wifi obd connector for temps and such. Wifi cannot connect to phone and odb at the same time, one or the other. So probably use odb as needed for torque, temps when not using Waze. I have the 8.1 version. GPS splitter works for the trunk shark fin for both Android and BMW maps. Still learning it, but if I can help let me know. Oh my post about the fiber, it's best to plug the big cable in head unit first then push the fiber into the big connector. The MOST pins can push into the head unit. Avin did respond via chat and sent instructions, as none were in the box, you can get them from signing up for support account.

Last edited by nolaman1970; 04-15-2019 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0