Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [8.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
The tunes are more noticeable on automatic cars. On the manuals, you may feel a bit better throttle response due to the remap, but not as noticeable as the auto.

Also, your car weighs 250+lbs heavier than the standard "i" series and had the n51 motor
Understandable, which is why I took the fact that I have an xi into account in my review. I was expecting more than "hardly noticeable" gains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rival View Post
x2x... that boat anchor aint helpin.
I don't have a boat anchor, neither does it justify the fact that this tune is any good on an xi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagger1 View Post
Point is moot. Gent had an Xi before he started & and Xi after...may I add a damn good looking Xi at that. Props kamek

Too bad the tune is "minute". I really need to roll in a tuned N52 to make an informed decision and jump from over a PBX.

Do they alter the valvetronic in stage 2?
Thank you, I appreciate it!

I think people mostly do these tunes for the throttle remap, which is what you're given with the PBX. 10-15 hp is minute, after all. AA has always stated that this tune alters the valvetronic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline2001 View Post
I thought the tune works better with the N51 because it already has the 3 stage manifold ?
I was under this same impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny D View Post
The n51 has a lower compression rate than the n52 and therefor uses the three stage manifold to compensate for this. With the tune expect the same results from both because of this.
I thought the N51 was a "detuned" N52 with three stage intake manifold.
Appreciate 0