View Single Post
      05-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #7669
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
I think a LPFP solution is the way I'll be going (thankfully an inline doesn't seem to be a super difficult job), I'm not a huge fan of meth as fueling bandaid, though I understand the benefits it can provide. Ultimately I'd like to go to RB or VTT Stg2 snails using E40-50 with no meth, my hope is that with a not insanely aggressive protune, I can get something in the neighborhood of 450whp without Meth. It sounds like until then i'll have to stay away from the E30 maps as they're constructed, which is a bummer seeing as how much the motor clearly likes the additional octane and knock resistance (with regards to timing corrections and whatnot).

Edit: I guess the best way to ask my question is this- if trims and AFRs look good (in addition to the "normal" things we log), is it still a poor choice to run the E30 map? So far as I can tell, the LPFP PSI is the only issue with my log.
Looking at your log i would say you're fine with the E30 mix you're running now but i would go absolutely no higher. For most tuners the magic low pressure number to maintain is 50psi and that's where you are now. However, like it sounds like you've already decided, i would still go for an upgraded LPFP because i don't like running anything at what's considered the acceptable limit. It's always better to have plenty fueling left over just in case, especially when the upgraded LPFPs can be had for pretty cheap.