04-21-2007, 11:56 AM   #10
Terry335
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Yeah, i saw that thread, but I don't believe it at all.
There is no way the PROcede could have over 2 PSI more but only make a few more ponies.

And I agree about the boost, timing, etc.
It's just a matter of the tune, not one having an advantage of max boost or whatever.
Again, the AA Xede is a nice unit, but I just don't see the logic in saving a couple hundred bucks on older technology that won't allow the upgrades the PROcede will. Same with the TT. Don't see the logic in saving $700 at the risk of safety, reliability, and so forth.
I know most are on a budget, but I'd venture to say that people buying a $45K car aren't breaking the bank by spending a couple hundred extra dollars.
And, by no means am I saying the most expensive product is always the best. I put General Exclaim UHP tires on my car. Sure not quite as good as the PS2's or CS3's sure, but if the difference in price was 10-20% I'd probably of gotten one of those. But the difference was like less than 1/2 and the Generals are within 10% of what the PS2's are performance wise.
The TT is less than 1/2 the price, but you get 1/2 the performance and 1/2 the safety and technology.
The AA Xede seems like it's very close to the PROcede's performance at 20% less price, that makes it a good choice for many.

I'm just a bit more chickenshit when it comes to electronics, and want the best, most up to date product in the car. Plus it allows for more advancements AND supports the man who made it all possible for us this early in the game!

Where the procede is making more boost, you can see its making a lot more power. It's just that as they get towards redline the power and boost converge. I also noticed the RD/Xede setup is pretty lean, so their map clearly needs some work.

I understand where you are coming from on the hardware, its just a personal choice people need to make. Personally I think the Xede will serve me well, but it will be interesting to see what the procede guys come up with.
Appreciate 0