Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Day 7 - M3 and the Autobahn

The last day before we head home.

As usual, start with a good breakfast...

Another rest day.....kinda. We started off by collecting tickets and doing the paperwork for the M3 hire. €1000 down on the credit card for "deposit" *gulp* copies of driver's licence and passport taken, waiver signed, all good to go.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/YU8f7j]

We went down to the collection point in P2 and found the caretakers of the cars. I was shown to my M3, fresh with only 522km on the clock. That meant no running in service, which equaled limited revs and a warning if you went over 175kph! We only had an hour, so wasted no time and roared out of the car park. My first time driving a left drive car and was very strange. All of a sudden i had no idea where the edges of the car were and did not want to be responsible for damaging any of those factory fresh 20" alloys!

I got my M3 back with no damage, but with a greater desire that my next car has to be one. After having the cars inspected and reluctantly handing back the key, we had a little break before our Factory Tour started at 11.15. The Premium Tour involves a short tour of the museum with commentary from our guide, a substancal tour of the factory floor and finally a tour of the Welt facility.

Before we knew it, it was 14.45 and we were starved, so more currywurst!

The factory tour in itself is a 5km walk, plus the museum bits, there were some tired legs. After food, our daughter wanted to go and see the M cars on display. She wasn't interested in any non-M models!

Then a photo on every motorbike there!

When you collect your new BMW from BMW, this is where you drive it from.....

The Isetta

We finally got out of Welt at 16:30 and started on our way to the final hotel of the trip. We arrived at the hotel at around 9pm and the weather was excellent. A lovely meal of steak and beer outside was a perfect way to end the day.

Total driving time (including stops/fuel ups/food/etc) - 5 hours / 215 miles

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019

Last edited by mjn77; 11-15-2017 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 3
Dackelone10538.50
cenix379.00