05-14-2019, 04:02 AM   #72
JohnDaviz
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
I thought about whether I am going to post this publicly or not, and eventually decided to post it to help push the platform develop. The issue with the N54 and other similar BMW platforms, is information hoarding!

No one shares anything or any new discoveries, it's crippling the development of the platform, and I wouldn't want to play a role in that. I discovered how to flash the IKM0S myself with the help of two of friends (@vtl is one of them), and it involved heaps of trial and error on my car, and stuffing around. So I own the rights to the information, and I chose to post publicly to help others that are interested to head in the same paths.
I partly agree with you.
If you research a lot you will find a lot of information. Most of it here and on other platforms never got deleted.

Donīt forget the stuff done by Trebila, V8Bait, Jake@Motiv, Wedge, B*Q*Tuning, Martial@MHD BEFORE it went commercial. There was group research and there was a lot knowledge shared.

Without them i would not have Tunerpro with working XDF files for my Bin.

But at one point people figured they can make money with it, and i am completely fine with it. Why not. It is their right to make money with knowledge.

But sadly also knowledge sharing with enthusiasts who are eager to do things themselves went dead.

---------

BUT. I am really happy and grateful that you are here and share knowledge again with all of us to make further steps on the N54 platform. You kind of went oldschool

Great!

I hope you will also give us the insight of flashing the DSC Module in the near future!
Appreciate 0