01-21-2016, 03:33 PM   #1129
dan_mrt
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclsamy View Post
Thanks for updates! Good luck and hopefully your car is well for a long time!

Last week I made the regular oil & filter changes and also cleaned and inter-changed the Vanos solenoids.

Now I just came home from an indy and this time the diagnosis revealed just the Exhaust VANOS error, without the Camshaft or NOX Sensor error. Even though I switched the Vanos solenoids, the error is still on the Exhaust one.

He said that the VANOS error is because of timing chain faults and I should change the chain, chain tensioner and guide rail. He didn't check the chain or the chain guide.

What I am afraid of is actually throwing money at the car without solving the problems...

Yes, a slight rattle noise is present.

What are other symptoms of a failing timing chain? The car seems extremely weak lately...
Open the cap where you put oil, and with a screwdriver try to lift the chain.If it is weakened is the chain,chain tensioner and guide.I just changed at my car the chain, chain tensioner and guide rail and it feels like "it's another car".Before i had no power, all your symtoms without vanos.but the same lack of power.First you could try changing the chain tensioner.
Appreciate 0