03-22-2023, 10:27 PM   #6
moz335d
makes poor financial decisions
Rep
Drives: 11' 335d & 35D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLF View Post
Hey ctuna -

thank you for the reply and links - very useful. and I have modified my plans - still working on it. see below for latest version and i attached a PDF version. with Helix M SIX DSP leading on amp choices

also changed coaxial to component, cheers for that!

PROPOSED - No change to BMW - HU.

Speakers

2 x 4” Morel - IR-BMW4 100 Wrms - Component 2 way - front door - add tweeter to window frame.
2 x 4” Morel - IR-BMW4 100 Wrms - Component 2 way - rear stage - add tweeter to rear stage.
2 x 8” Jehnert XE 200R subwoofer or maybe Morel IP-BMWSUB82 - under seat. trying to find local distributor. for Jehnert. working on it.

I'm looking at new window frames from FCP Euro to get the POD and grill for the tweeters up front.

Amplifier

New 6 channel Amplifier install in Trunk, add power, and new direct wiring to all speakers. Better wire quality and lower awg than factory.

and either add Technic 4/6 PNP harness for HU 4 channel output to amp in trunk or tap speaker line output from speaker locations and extend wiring/connection to AMP in trunk for speaker line inputs. and then AMP outputs back to each speaker with new direct wiring? am I crazy or is the BMW BASE stereo factory wiring sufficient. I assume I would want better wiring 16 awg etc. especially for higher wattage.

Amp Options - (1) Helix M SIX DSP (2) JL Audio VX600/6i (3) AC D.6.1200

With these amplifiers - can I adjust output watts to match speakers?? When Wrms is less than amp channel? i really like thee amps but Wrms is higher in some of these than my speaker rated Wrms. i assume a way to reduce risk of blow out by adding limiter on output wattage? is that a thing?

Thanks again for any thoughts and comments.

and sorry for long posts

- Peter
+1 646 737 2372
I'm in the exact same boat as you, I only need input to AMP/DSP from either my android head unit or direct from my phone. I guess one nice thing about base is like you said the trunk has plenty of space for adding things.

If I'm pricing this right, the morel setup itself would be around $2400 and the Helix Amp another $1100?
Appreciate 0