View Single Post
      06-16-2005, 08:16 AM   #96
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Enthusiast
Can anyone who has a new E90 in the states with Terra interior verify what color the side airbag covers are on the front seats? The two-tone combinations are being treated differently by BMW it would seem. On the Euro models with Lemon, the side airbag covers are lemon, which leaves plenty of other black to contrast throughout the vehicle (dash, doors, seatbacks). But on some Terra photos I've seen, the airbag cover on side of the seats is black. I really like the two-tone contrast in other areas of the car, but for some reason the black side airbag looked over the top and cheap. I was hoping that since their are some verified photos of Lemon interior out there with matcing side airbag covers, BMW realized how tacky the two-tone looked in this spot and followed suit with the Terra. Any confirmations out there?
On Lemon the airbag covers on the seats are lemon.
On terra they´re black.
Terra beeing such a difficult colour to nail down (just look at how different it looks in every picture and how different it the looks IRL) BMW probably could not make a plastic airbag cover to match. I don´t think they left it black thinking it would look nicer but rather because it was such a difficult colour match.
Better to have them in black than in a non-matching brown
Appreciate 0