Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I used to do this when I lived in Canada and traveled to the US frequently for business. I had a TMobile Pre-paid sim and used to pop it in my unlocked phone.

Also used to do that when I travelled to UK, Europe, etc. but was never there frequently enough to keep an account active, just setup a new account everytime I was there.

Now with TM's plans with free roaming, I no longer need to worry about that.

If he's going to be in the US close to 50% of the time, i'd say it's worth at shot to try a US plan that includes free roaming to Canada.

A tip is if you have family in the US on a T-Mobile family plan, it would be cheaper for them to add you vs going on your own. With a family plan of 5 lines, it was like under $30 per phone with the slightly older non-unlimited plan I am on. I think the new unlimited plans might be more a bit more but still big savings with multiple lines.
Yeap ill be prolly spending as much time in US as in Canada. I don't really have nobody in US, and i dont mind getting 60-70$ plan.
Trust me i see plans from rogers for 150$+ and not even that good to begin with. I guess ill start calling some of them in couple of weeks.
thx