Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cKoNize View Post
where were you working when you were 21, fast food? what kind of piece of shit car were you driving then? did you live on your own or did you live with your parents? get your negativity out of here buddy
What's important is where he is now and if he regrets anything. As time moves forward, the past matters less and less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3cKoNize View Post
No you don't I can afford a nice car, a nice place to live, food for my family, I have a college education without much debt.
But despite all these nice things, you still feel like something is lacking. Like it isn't enough. Otherwise you wouldn't have that sense of being unsuccessful.
Debt is bad, and since you said somewhere (can't be bothered to dig it up) that you can't afford certain things (I believe electronics or whatever?)
Now, that's awesome if you can live without that stuff, but if you have debt, can't afford to splurge, would I be correct to assume you don't have much in terms of savings? You're thinking of the "now", which when you have two kids, you should be thinking of the "future". Like saving up for college. A lot of people are telling you to ditch the car not because they are jealous (we all have a BMW here, some numerous) you have one at 21, but because it is something that can be sold for a very decent amount of money that can be put towards your kids' future, which is more important than your own if you want to be a good parent. Which is why most people think that kids at an age when you should be enjoying your life and being SELFISH should not be mixed with things like responsibility towards a helpless child that will not allow you to be selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
Unfortunately, young age is the time to have all those things...

Pure personal opinion but when I am over 60, I will absolutely care less about money... the same goes with a 401k, retirement and the like. When you are that old you.re needs should be minimal and you should have lived you're life to the fullest when you were young by that point. I feel like everone in this country has that backward only to be sorely disappointed when they hit that grandpa age and actually have that money and have no idea what to do with it or don't have that health to take advantage of it.

Just my honest 2c.
^ this!
Reminds me of this teller trying to convince me to increase the money I put into savings and RRSPs so that when I retire I can travel the world, to which I told her "I'd rather spend the money now and travel, what if I get hit by a bus and don't make it to retirement?"